CATCHMENT RESTORATION through AWARENESS, LITERACY, FINANCE, ACTION
The Flow Partnership-India (legally registered as Community Catchment Restoration Foundation –CCRF) enables communities, small holding farmers and community based organizations to manage droughts and floods, reviving landscapes and catchments through practical, real community-based projects. This is community driven decentralized water management. Through these practical projects TFP are creating digital knowledge resources and techniques that enable communities to manage the water in their landscapes successfully. This traditional wisdom and resources are available freely through an online, digital water school WATERWAYS.
WATER CREDITS an innovative mechanism launched by THE FLOW PARTNERSHIP UK enables global participation in water restoration to mitigate and adapt to climate change and bring our planet and people back to health again.
TFP stands by the following:
- Water is a renewable resource as long as the water cycle is functioning
- Water’s interaction in the framework of the whole ecosystem should be re-established
- Introducing even minor measures to regulate the state and circulation of water in a place have synergistic effects locally and globally
TFP works with communities and community based organizations to:
- Use traditional, effective, and location specific measures to re-establish water balance at the local level by holding rainwater in the places where it falls and to slow its flow
- Sensibly manage water and vegetation to help mitigate and adapt to climatic change at the local level
- Act in the same way across larger areas, expecting a tempering of global climate change
If you are an individual, community and/or community based organization working to revive your catchments through traditional measures backed by science and are looking for partnerships, please contact us here.